So, we’ve all done things we’re not proud of. And if you’re in congress right now, you do things you’re proud of that most people think you should be arrested for. But I digress.
I recently had a great idea for a website where I would publish one startling personal confession a day for public pondering. Being lazy, I thought I’d just turn it into a blog post here and save us all the trouble of having to register a URL, design it, and promote it. And by “us all”, I mean Dan.
So here are a few things I’ve done in my life I think the public should know about.
- When I was a kid I remember secretly hoping I’d find out I was adopted so they could make a movie about my hunt for my real parents.
- I'm secretly proud when my kids learn a new swear word.
- I borrowed my friend's honor role tassels when I graduated from high school so my parents would think I graduated with honors.
- I have sent myself hand-addressed letters in the mail before.
- I use my kids as an excuse for being late all the time but the truth is I was reading crap on the Internet and lost track of time.
- I have had a closet love for the Backstreet Boys ever since I was 14. I still can only listen to them when I think nobody is around.
- My kids have peed the bed at night and I've just thrown a towel over the sheets and put them back to sleep.
- I knowingly let my son go to kindergarten in underwear he's worn for multiple days.
- I've pretended my kids aren't my kids in public on more than one occasion.
I’m sure you’ve all got some skeletons in your closets. Mine are dancing around and having a party.