Robynn Garfield: overqualified for mediocrity, underqualified for greatness.
Robynn Garfield: underqualified for mediocrity, overqualified for greatness.
Robynn grew up on the edge of a canyon in Utah and spent her childhood building tree forts, fishing and camping. She attended Brigham Young University and graduated in 2006 with a Bachelor's of Art degree in Humanities with an emphasis in Spanish and American popular culture.
Robynn subsequently immersed herself in the world of broadcast journalism and worked as an on-air radio news anchor, field reporter, sound editor and producer. As part of her work as a radio journalist, Robynn interviewed a host of note-worthy individuals, including former U.S. Secretary of State Madeline Albright and former Utah Governor John M. Huntsman.
Robynn took a break from radio to focus on her two sons (now there are three!) and worked as a freelance copywriter. In the summer of 2013, she dove back into the world of reporting, working as a reporter and content manager for KSL.com, the highest ranked local online news outlet in the country.
While at KSL, Robynn wrote for the tech and science beat as well as other fields including breaking news, family and lifestyle, outdoors, and crime. Life changes and new jobs took the Garfields out to the Bay Area in 2014 where Robynn lives now with her husband, three boys, chickens, and piles of laundry.
Robynn has a deep and wide love for the written word. She's worked extensively with news and media content, web copy, ghost writing, editing, creative writing, poetry, blogging, SEO content, and social media marketing.
Fun facts about Robynn:
- She wrote her college senior capstone paper on Homer Simpson's relationship to Marxism.
- She speaks fluent Spanish.
- She owns a darkroom and develops black and white photos on equipment she inherited from her grandfather.
- She knows a vast and useless amount of information about 1980s British comedies.
- She can quote entire MST3K episodes nearly by heart and is 99% sure she was Tom Servo in another life.
- She took 2nd place at a state debate tournament in high school for acting out all the parts of a Monty Python skit.
- She loves Instagram and Medium, hates Twitter and Facebook.
- She attended a recent marketing workshop at Facebook headquarters in Mountain View, CA, and never mentioned once that she, as mentioned above, deeply hates Facebook.
For inquiries regarding Robynn's availability on writings projects and beyond, send an email to Robynn.Garfield@gmail.com.